- Amorphous structure with a Tg of 105-115 C, depending of the quality of the ABS
- Opaque with normally a slightly yellow tone
- High gloss
- High stiffness and hardness up tp 80 C
- Impact resistent, even at -40 C
- High scratch resistance
- Chemical resistant , especially against microspray formation
- Excellent electrical properties
- Not resistant to UV
Acrylonitrile – Butadiene – Styrene (ABS) is a mixture of SAN block copolymer with a butadiene rubber. ABS has a higher impact resistance but lower rigidity than SAN. The properties of ABS vary widely depending on how much butadiene rubber and acrylonitrile are used in the copolymer.
ABS has excellent impact strength, moldability and paintability, and is a very practical material thanks to its wide applications in various fields. We offer the product starex®, from our partner LOTTE Chemical. starex® covers a broad range of product groups including ABS and ASA. Depending on required features such as general purpose, extrusion, flame retardant, heat resistance, and plating/painting, LOTTE Chemical offers a variety of ABS grades.
Let us tell you more about ABS
Explore more of our materials
There are a lot of different materials in the plastics industry. Explore more of the materials we work with and offer to always ensure high quality for our customers.