- Semi-crystalline structure with a TG of 60 C and a melting temperature of 217 C
- High rigidity, strength and hardness
- Good thermal stability
- Low moisture absorption and high dimensional stability
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Chemical resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons, oils and fats. Not resistant to alkalis, strong acids and hydrolysis
- Glossy finish
- Resistant to UV
Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) is one of the most common semi-crystalline construction plastics. Compared with PA 6.6, PBT has a lower moisture absorption and creep resistance up to 130 C, at the expense of lower impact resistance and harder processing.
Pocan® from our partner ENVALIOR offers a high heat resistance, strength and hardness, as well as excellent slip properties and high abrasion resistance, good resistance to chemicals, low susceptibility to stress cracking and low moisture absorption.
Let us tell you more about PBT
Explore more of our materials
There are a lot of different materials in the plastics industry. Explore more of the materials we work with and offer to always ensure high quality for our customers.